Establishing your online presence is also part of growing a successful business. Over 1.6 Billion people are connected to a small business on Facebook according to Facebook themselves. That’s a lot of people! Take advantage of that fact because no one would know about your products or services if you are not online so read through this article to find out what steps you need to take to manage your page so that any person would like to follow it!
- Provide correct contact information
- Provide more than one means to contact you! (store phone number, email, website, etc.) Of course, you want to keep this to a manageable number, but providing your customers with more ways to speak to you ultimately means more buyers because you are able to provide them with the convenience!
- The contact information that you provide should be the ones you know you will always check. Because your business is online, you will be receiving more messages and questions and you always need to be attentive to inquiries!
- Be consistent with your content
- There is no straight forward rule for posting because it really depends on the kind of business you are in. A good thing to keep in mind is that if you post too infrequently, your content won’t be seen much because of Facebook’s algorithm, but if you post much too often, people will most likely unfollow your page. Know your sweet spot and stick to it!
- Use Facebook’s Scheduling tool or Creator Studio. If you’re running a busy business or you have another job on the side, you might not have the time to post consistently and that is where scheduling comes in! You can schedule all your content up to a month in advance on Facebook and 6 months in advance for Instagram. But be careful not to post too far in advance because it increases the chances of the system to glitch and make a mistake.
- You can even cross post to Instagram to cut down time on content making!
- No typographical errors
- Especially in your “About Us” section! You have to show your customers that you genuinely care and if you haven’t bothered to double check your captions or your “About Us” section, then they might just get the wrong impression!
- Download applications like Grammarly or ask a friend if your spelling and grammar is correct. It’s a simple task that would benefit your business.
- Use Facebook’s menu feature (if applicable to your business)
- Give your customers an immediate way to see what amazing products you have to offer! If you were a restaurant business, for example, people would like to know what kinds of food you offer. If you sell makeup, you might have the product they’ve been looking for!
- Product Tagging Feature: aside from posting content, Facebook has a feature that literally turns your facebook page into a marketplace! When you product tag, you are able to give a link to your viewer that leads them to a product that you have listed. This allows less friction for your customer to inquire and avail!
- Build your following
- If a small number of people like your page, people will be less likely to trust that you are an established business. Invite everyone on your friends list to like your page. Maybe you can even ask your close friends to invite their circle of friends as well!
- Be careful with trying to get people to like your page! Do not post content directly asking people to like anything because it is against Facebook’s rules to do so.
- Engage your customers
- When you engage with your clients, you are building a trust in your brand! If other people see how you treat your clients they will be interested in your business as well!
- Answer messages on your posts! Whether it be a random comment or question, answer them or give a like to that comment.
- (if applicable) ask consent of your buyer if you can take a picture of their transaction with you (message, delivery, the buyer themself) and post it onto your page. A happy customer will attract more customers!
- (if applicable) take pictures of events that you hold or are a part of! (ex. You catered to the party, you organized the party, etc.)
- Listen to Facebook’s Page Tips
- They know what your business needs to thrive on their own platform and so they provide a checklist of how to best set it up! They also provide tips to optimize your page. Read through their guidelines and learn about how the creators intended their product to be used!
- If you change any information (contact number, moved locations, etc.) , do not forget to update the page as well!
- If you have a store, place the address and make sure it is correct! Add any landmarks they need to know if your store would be hard to find.
Having a competitive Facebook Page is having a competitive business! Take your account seriously and take the necessary steps to maximize it. Know when to ask for necessary help as well. Either from your friends or relatives. You can even outsource your social media marketing if you cannot find the time to do it yourself. There are countless ways to get ahead of the game! See here: