There are numerous ways how you can improve your writing. Do you have the passion and the drive, but are not sure where to begin? Here, we’ll teach you how to write compelling blog posts that can take your reader’s breath away.
Learn to write like a professional with these easy tips. To start off, there are a couple of things for you to remember. When writing a blog post, you are writing for your readers, your audience, and your followers. It is about them, their language, and their usage. Therefore, it is important to keep in mind these questions yourself when writing your article “is it relevant?”, “is it useful?”. If it is then go and hit publish!
Ways how to improve your blog posts…
There is always room for improvement when it comes to writing. Even a professional can have mistakes, misspellings, and grammatical errors. But it takes a true writer to acknowledge these mistakes and take criticism from others. However, there are other ways how to gear away from these mistakes. Take note of the following things:
- Have it SEO optimized. Include the right keywords in your article. Keywords are what people look for online. Having your article SEO optimized will get you the advantage of more views and traffic.
- Your viewers are your priority. It’s great to have awesome keywords in your article, but make sure it doesn’t affect the quality of your article.
- Avoid stuffy images. Stock images are okay, but just don’t use too many formal images. If you want people to flock to your article, you need to have a more comely approach. Do you have self-taken shots? Don’t be afraid to use them, it’s much better than posting stock images.
- A new pair of eyes is always welcome with articles. When you’re writing an article, it’s very easy for you to acquire fatigue. Reading and re-reading the same thing over and over again, the imprint of your content is already stuck in your head and it will be difficult to spot new errors. Having someone to read it with a clear head may see something that you can’t.
- Create titles that are not only attractive but honest. Titles don’t have to be lengthy ones, just a gist of what’s the content of your article.
- Throw in some variety. Let’s face it, people on the internet have low attention spans. Variety can help keep your readers captivated. Content is one part, but adding in some attractive graphics, videos, or infographics can help too.
- Minimize the use of jargon and keep things simple and sweet. Writing blogs doesn’t need to be complicated. There’s a saying that goes, “if you can’t explain a difficult concept plainly, then you don’t really understand it.” Remember, people don’t really want to read something they have difficulty understanding.
- Highlight the important parts. Don’t be shy to bold the words and phrases that hold importance to the article. Most likely, these are the things that readers will notice first. Therefore, they’ll have a solid idea of what the article is all about.
- Pick spicy topics. Choose a topic that relates to your readers. Think of it this way, your blog articles must be like an answered prayer to your readers. Find out what’s bugging them, and give them creative ideas on how to resolve it.
- Photos play an important role in your articles. Why? Because they break heavy text fatigue. Moreover, it also adds a reading boost to your audience. The photos make the text more engaging.
- The more content the better. According to research, Google actually puts the websites that have fresh content first. So keep on writing guys!
- Use social media. Another way of promoting your articles is with the use of social media. If you have platforms
There you have it! Now it’s time to brainstorm and write those compelling blog posts. If you want to learn more about the different facets of digital marketing in general and growing your business online, feel welcome to read more of our articles on our WeDigital website.