When a global pandemic shook the world, it’s not just the lives of many that have been affected, but it also affected how an entire society operates. Moreover, this inclined most governments to impose lockdowns. As a result? Numerous businesses and big brands have stopped operations due to the difficulty of getting sales up. No people, no sales. And when businesses and the whole economy is down, the people affected have found the most creative ways to make money online.
As they say, a pandemic can be seen two ways. As a menace to society, or an opportunity. Here, we’ll tell you how to make your lockdown worth it by earning big bucks without risking your health! We’re giving you 10 smart ways on how you can make the most out of this pandemic by saturating the internet to earn cash.
1 Ever thought about owning your own business?
It probably crossed all of our minds once in a while. And probably the line “it is never going to happen” crossed your mind too. But this time, you might want to think again. With a lot of time on your hands, proper resources, and good management, no doubt you could probably pull it off. If there’s a perfect time to start an online business, it’s now.
Time to get intouch with your inner passion and think about what you can offer online. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Food business – If you have a passion for cooking or baking, why not open up an online food business. Physical restaurants are down, people are limited to go out. It’s a good opportunity.
- Online retail business – Earn cash by selling your pre-loved clothes online or some thrifted goodies.
- Arts and crafts – Are you a gifted builder? Why not sell your DIY projects for those who love the nifty things in life. The internet is your oyster!
- Handmade jewelry – Beads? Necklaces? Bracelets? You name it! Women love jewelry whether they’re authentic or used for fashion purposes.
- Face Masks or face shields – One of the most in-demand products right now. You can even sell some accessories for face masks too! Beaded face mask carriers are all the rage right now.
We can go on and on about these! The ideas are endless. A word of advice, it is ideal for you to sell something that you are passionate about. The cliche saying that “if you love what you do, it won’t feel like work” has never been more profoundly applied till now.
2 Customized products
People love having their items personalized. It’s a wonderful idea for gifts and surprises. If you have a talent for calligraphy, arts, and design in general, this is a great opportunity to introduce great products and put them on an online platform. It could be something as easy as iPhone cases, notebooks, or even cakes! Here are more ideas of customized products for you:
- Plant pots
- Phone holders
- Denim embroidery
The list could go on! Better choose one that floats your boat.
3 Make money online by digital products
Feel free to get creative. Keep in mind that a huge percentage of people are spending their time online, now more than ever. Therefore, making use of online products has its benefits. While material objects require inventory, here you’ll only need a copy of one or two to distribute. Moreover, if you already have a strong online presence or are known to be an expert at something, why not release your own guide? E-learning is now becoming more popular, which makes it very timely.
Here are some ideas of some digital products::
- Educational PDF documents
- Research documents or findings
- Interactive documents
4 Make use of Media
If you have a gift for digital creativity, why not make use of it to gain profits? Digital art is also a popular business online. But digital art is not the only available option when you’re aiming to make big bucks out of it. There are other ways on how you can saturate your (soon to be paid) media as well. Here are some smart ideas on how you can:
- Sell music – Know how to play any instruments plus write songs? You can actually get paid for it when you put them online!
- Create engaging videos – E-Learning is in! Are you an expert at something? Why not make video tutorials for the whole world to benefit via videos? Who knows, stardom might just be around the corner.
- Make paid newsletters – One of the most effective and efficient strategies of promoting business awareness is newsletters. You have no idea how many big brands and industries (big or small) use this, making demands higher.
- Podcasts – Have the passion to talk? Set your platform by creating a podcast!
- Online art – There is a huge percentage of people who love and support art online. Grow your following and get those commissions coming!
Hold your own time. Be your own boss. And follow your love for the creative media! If you have the right connections for this, why not grow a following on three of the major social media platforms, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram? This helps you stabilize your own brand online.
Share your thoughts and your experiences through blogging! If you’re an aspiring writer hoping to reach a huge audience, creating your very own blog is the most ideal way for you to reach your readers. Technically, you don’t need a big company to back you up (although it does help). With patience, dedication, and passion, then you might pull up your blog into a big time content platform.
Ultimately, you can make money online by posting reviews, writing about educating topics, selling products or services, etc.
6 Affiliate marketing
If you have a big followers count in your social platforms, why not try affiliate marketing? Affiliate marketing is the process of which companies will be giving you a product that you will be endorsing in your social media accounts. And when someone buys the product you’ve endorsed, this is when you’ll receive credit for the referral along with a commission. Pretty neat huh?
7 Online workshops
It’s a wonder how far you can go as long as you have internet access. Another way of making money online is producing your own online course and workshops. If you’re a seasoned artist, fashion designer, blogger, businessman, or have gone through inspiring life experiences, you might want to consider having an online course, or a workshop! Don’t let those talents become stagnant, but instead, share them to the future generation. There are 7 workshops that you should know about.
7 kinds of workshops:
- Bootcamps – Multi-day events wherein you get to teach or build a community.
- Online workshops – Essentially classes that can last up to 1-3 hours.
- Q + A’s – This is where a certain topic is discussed and people are free to ask questions about it.
- Live training – Is focused more on letting your audience learn a specific skill.
- Workshop series – A series of training sessions that is organized as week long (or more) events.
- Webinars – A short informative workshop. This is typically used for people introducing a new product.
- Live mobile broadcast – An informal session used to teach, entertain, or to bring awareness to a certain issue.
Here are 20 random workshop ideas that you might be interested in doing:
- Designing instagram stories
- Creating simple sales strategies for products
- How to rank #1 on Google search
- All about parenting
- Family and relationship courses
- Project management
- Providing better customer service
- Creating a podcast
- Career guidance for teenagers
- Successful job interview tips
- Job burnout
- Sewing and knitting
- Public speaking
- Building healthy relationships
- Dating and starting relationships
- Recovering after betrayal
- Finding your style in clothes
- Self care
8 Freelance services
A popular way to make money online is selling your services. This gives you an advantage of actually having a proper work/life balance. You hold your own time, you’re not required to serve at specific hours and you have the flexibility to put time in your hobbies.
Freelance services you might be willing to try:
- Graphic design
- Data entry
- Digital marketing
- Voiceover acting
- Logo design
- Social media managing
9 Sell your photos
Don’t delete those old photos just yet. You might want to try selling them for free stock images. There are numerous sites that offer stock images such as Adobe Stock or Getty Images and those old photos of yours might be put to good use. Better yet, you might even earn a couple of bucks for them!
10 Ever thought of being an influencer?
If you watch a lot of Youtube, you might have heard the phrase “if you want to be a millionaire get a Youtube channel!” you might not be aware of it but it’s actually true. This is one of the most powerful ways of making money online. However, it does entail a lot of dedication, discipline, creative ideas, and a whole lot of interesting content. If you do it right, you might find yourself in a very different position after a few years or months!
Get ready to bag in a lot of deals and promotions from big brands. Most exciting? You might even be a celebrity if the public really likes you that much. A lot of celebrities were actually founded on Youtube. Just take a look at Justin Bieber, Bella Poarch, Will Dasovich, etc. They all started with filming at home and boom! As a result, they became instant celebrities.
Now you’re getting more interested in the digital world? Visit our us for more contents about digital marketing!